Wype Refill FAQ
Wype Refill is on pre-sale exclusively on Indiegogo.
Indiegogo is a platform to fund innovative, work-in-progress products and ideas. Contributing to a campaign is not the same as simply purchasing a product, when you support a crowdfunding project, you help bring ideas to life! Learn more.
Wype is a toilet tissue gel that boosts your intimate hygiene.
Dry doesn’t clean – wiping with dry toilet paper can lead to irritation and simply doesn't do the job! Wype will glide on smoothly and leave you feeling fresh, moisturised, and squeaky clean!
Since Wype is a gel you add to regular toilet tissue, it is genuinely biodegradable and safe to flush! No more having to worry about blocking your pipes or polluting the environment.
- Wipe with dry toilet paper first, if you wish.
- Fold your toilet paper as you normally would.
- Press the button to release Wype’s gel out of the circular pattern on the applicator head.
- Wipe your tissue over the circular pattern and apply a circular motion according to how much you want to spread the gel.
- Go ahead, your eco-friendly wipe is ready! Wype and repeat as many times as you like, and you're ready to go!
- Some people who are not used to a wet feeling prefer to dry up with dry toilet paper, but that is up to you! Wype is rinse-free and will not leave a residue.
- Wype is designed to feel good, so play around with different combinations and see what works best for you!
Whether you use wet wipes for cleaning your hands, scrubbing grubby surfaces or for personal hygiene down there, the vast majority are made from plastic resins like polyester or polypropylene. You won’t see that written on the package though, because most wet wipe brands only list the ingredients of the liquid that moistens the fabric.
When you throw wet wipes away, they either end up in a landfill, where it takes up to 100 years for them to break down, or littered, as you might have noticed on camping trips and long hikes, and finally, flushed, where they end up entering sewers and our waterways.
Flushing wet wipes down the toilet is polluting, and no-one wants to be a polluter. Not only does plastic pollution pose a huge threat to the environment, but plastic wet wipes do not break down in water, causing serious trouble to the wastewater systems (Google Fatbergs!) as well as making their way into our oceans where they are a significant source of microplastic pollution.
Wype’s mission is to reduce wet wipe usage, and allow people to have an eco-friendly solution for intimate hygiene on the go.
Wype is made in the UK, in a family-owned factory in Suffolk.
Hell yeah! Wype is gender neutral, unscented, and meant to help you identify as clean.
You can use Wype wherever you want to feel refreshed and soothed. It is however meant for external use only.
We spent over 18 months perfecting our gel and applicator, so that Wype will sit on top of toilet paper without breaking it down – you can get to cleaning without worrying about getting your hands dirty!
Wype was designed to be convenient at home and on the go! The 100ml sizing means that it’s safe to take on planes. You can take Wype on trips, to the gym, the office, camping, or wherever you want! And it won't alert everyone within a 5-metre radius by crackling like a pack of wipes…
We do not currently offer samples.
Wype Refill Ingredients
No, the formula of Wype Refill is new, and exclusive to Wype Refill.
We started from our Wype Gel formula and looked to make it even more gentle and natural – so we removed the alcohol, and enriched it with chamomile, bamboo and coconut to gently soothe, moisturise and clean! Our formulation will be certified by the Soil Association as COSMOS Natural.
We have chosen to formulate in accordance with cosmos standards and guidelines.
The COSMOS-standard is guided by four core principles.
- Promoting the use of products from organic agriculture, and respecting biodiversity.
- Using natural resources responsibly and respecting the environment.
- Using processing and manufacturing that are clean and respectful of human health and the environment.
- Integrating and developing the concept of “green chemistry”.
Absolutely! Wype is dermatologically approved, hypoallergenic, and suitable for sensitive skin. If you are particularly concerned, do a patch test before you start using it daily, and discontinue if there are any signs of irritation.
Yes, we have had our formula tested and approved for babies and new-borns.
Yes, all of our ingredients are vegan-friendly. We are proud to be registered with the Vegan Society.
Absolutely, we are proud that none of our ingredients were ever tested on animals.
Aqua (Water), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Glycerin, Xanthan Gum, Decyl Glucoside, Propanediol, Chamomila Recutita (Chamomile) Flower Extract, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Fruit Extract, Bambusa Vulgaris (Bamboo) Leaf Extract, Tocopherol (Vitam E), Citric Acid, Dehdroacetic Acid, Sodium Benzoate, Potassium Sorbate, Benzyl Alcohol.
We've worked hard to formulate Wype to be suitable for everybody and have tested our formula to guarantee that it is suitable for sensitive skin. However, our bodies are so unique and therefore some people may experience irritation, even when you previously have no history of sensitive skin.
Please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you experience any irritation.
We hope to release new formulations soon, but our priority is always the safety of our customers, so we will want to go through rigorous testing for any new formulation before it is commercialised.
If you have a formulation idea you would like us to work on, let us know at email@example.com!
- Built-in over cap, so that you never need to hold the cap in your hand, or put it on a surface that might not be hygienic. The over cap also protects the activator button, so no spills!
- Self-spreading gel pattern. Our circular gel release pattern allows you to obtain an even spread of gel onto the tissue with no hassle!
- One-touch technology. The applicator can be operated single-handed, so your other hand can get down to business!
- Hanging loop. We have a loop at the base of the applicator, so you can hang your Wype Refill from a hook or wherever it suits you.
- Infinitely recyclable aluminium refills.
Yes, it is! This has been our dream from the very beginning. An applicator you can keep, a beautifully designed object for your home. Show off your Wype Refill – it keeps you and the planet clean!
We chose to use an aluminium bottle for our refills because it is infinitely recyclable. This makes it more sustainable than recycled plastics and bioplastics. In fact, 75% of all aluminium ever produced is still in use today, vs 9% of all plastic.
Unscrew your aluminium refill from the base of the applicator and replace it with a new one! It’s that simple.
Yes, we will set up a subscription option when we launch this autumn, but this pre-sale is an exclusive one-off event, so make sure to take advantage of it!
Delivery & Refunds
We are anticipating to be able to deliver your Wype Refill to you in October!
We ship worldwide! Everyone in the world should be able to save the planet from their toilet seat.
We offer free shipping on all purchases within the UK, and a flat rate of £4.99 for the rest of the world.
Once the order is on its way from our fulfilment centre in Bristol, we expect it to take no longer than a week within the UK, and two weeks globally.
We will offer fully-tracked shipping (at no extra charge) on all orders > £50. For all our other orders, a limited level of tracking will be available.
We are unable to accept returns due to hygiene reasons, but if you are unhappy with your Wype Refill we offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee within 30 days of delivery. Just get in touch with us on firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll sort it all out.
We are based in London, and our address is 86-90 Paul Street, EC2A 4NE.